Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One Among the Numbers

There were approximately 48 million public school student in the United States of America, from every city, state and country. Per pupil spending in the US averages about $12,121, yet American schools are often critcized for below average result, considering the average spending.

These statistics provide a shocking insight to the general state of the public school system, but they don't provide information about the typical experience. I am among the 48 million students, and I don't believe that my experience is average at all. As a last semester senior, I realize that my education has been much better and, occasionally, much worse than these statistics imply. I hope you will follow my blog as I write about these experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment